Friday 5 May 2017

Digital Immersion.  Day One - 5.5.17


Today is the first of nine Fridays attending a Manaiakalani Digital Immersion Intensive training.   We (12 teachers from a variety of schools in the area, and I) began to familiarise ourselves with google docs, apps, and Hapara.
Here is some of the add-ons we looked at:

Talk & Comment - Instead of typing out a comment, voice audio.
Docutube - Insert Youtube clips into documents rather than the link
Lucidcharts - insert charts and diagrams into google docs
Extensity - for managing extensions
Grammarly - For checking plagiarism
https://bitly.com/ - to shorten URLs
Easy Accents- Quick and simple way to add macrons
Select and Speak- Voice to Text Engine (works with Google Docs)

It was great finding out new ways of using docs (I’m a bit old-school, apparently).  There are a lots of ways I can improve how I use google docs and I am challenging myself to make changes.
Had fun sitting with Ben.  Great discussion about what we’re doing in our classes. He even had to help me take this photo - Thanks Ben. 

 
Before we left we had to create a venn diagram showing what part of our learning was for our own professional learning, and what parts would relate to our classroom teaching and learning.








2 comments:

  1. Awesome to see you looking so confident Trish. I hope you get to try things out in your classroom soon. I would love to see the exciting things your Year 1s can get up to with your new skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trish, thanks for bringing such a positive attitude and your teaching expertise to the group. I am glad you got useful content from the day and met some cool colleagues.

    ReplyDelete